Improving Postdoctoral Compensation
MEOPAR ANNOUNCES a new postdoctoral top-up award
We know that many postdoctoral fellows in Canada face challenges relating to compensation, benefits, and work-life balance. The 2016 Canadian National Postdoctoral Survey recommended improvements to postdocs’ compensation, benefits, and employment status, along with new strategies to address satisfaction with postdoctoral training.
In 2018-19, MEOPAR will fund up to three Postdoctoral Awards that provide top-up funding ($20,000/year) to highly-qualified postdoctoral candidates who have secured a base level of funding from other sources. The purpose of these awards is to bring new postdoctoral fellows into the network to connect them with MEOPAR-funded researchers and HQP. Furthermore, MEOPAR’s top-up funding will empower postdoctoral candidates to take full advantage of professional development and career-building opportunities, providing them with the ability to:
- Increase their stipend for financial flexibility;
- Participate in training and networking opportunities through MEOPAR;
- Present and discuss results at national and international conferences and other fora;
- Purchase or fund specialized equipment, travel, or supplies for their research; or
- Offset costs associated with publication.
Please share the news about these awards with your colleagues, postdocs, and students who may be interested. Application instructions are available here, and the deadline to apply is July 3, 2018.